Sunday 6 March 2016

Get down with the sickness

Have hit a few snags, one of which is that I'm now petulantly unwell. I suspect this is because I've been pushing myself a bit hard, but it is very unwelcome and very ill-timed. I spent this morning at the doctors and now have a myriad of medication I can down as part of a rainbow pill party three times a day.

We've also hit a technical snag with editing between countries. Despite being assured there would not be a problem, the bins from differing Mac and PC Avid systems just do not want to play nice. We have some functionality, but not everything we need and certainly not something workable.

I've had a couple of very late nights trying to find solutions to these problems, but come up stumped. The only real solution seems to be borrowing or buying another machine and neither is really feasible.

This is typical of what makes this project so hard, you feel like you're making progress and getting some momentum going, then wham! ..you hit another brick wall. I'm trying to be open and honest about this entire process without complaining, but these sorts of setbacks really do add up and take a big toll.

I'll give it a couple of days till I'm back on my feet and let you know what we are going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment