Thursday 14 January 2016

Slow

3 minutes a day should be quite manageable, it should be something I can do, however after 4 days, I am still stuck on the Serbia game. Progress is painfully, painfully slow.

One of the hardest things with this project is wearing too many hats. Because I'm writing, directing and editing with no assistance, it's easy to get bogged down, lose my train of thought or feel exhausted before I even start.

This Serbia game is a classic example. When I was there shooting, I missed the players coming onto the ice because I had to catch a tram laden with all my gear rather than taking the team bus. It's forcing me to have to re-write and that in turn effects the cut, neither of which are flowing very well.

Serbia scored a goal after a mere 22 seconds, which I just missed. When you don't have the pictures you want, you have to use creative license, but it can very hard to force a square peg into a round hole. Finding solutions as I go along is part and parcel of this project, but I can just feel time being sucked out of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment